The Home Handyman was launched in November 1993 as a specialist magazine, and aims to equip its ever-growing readership with relevant DIY info and skills.
Distribution and readership
Published independently by WJ Lindeque cc based in Pretoria, the magazine has a print order of 6,000 copies which are distributed nationally and sold through chain stores, hardware centres, CNA, garage shops and selected retailers.
The magazine is also available on subscription and has a substantial subscriber database. During 2012, The Home Handyman magazine launched a digital version for online subscriptions, available for download at www.homehandyman.co.za
The Home Handyman magazine caters for readers in the LSM 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 market by providing information for keen do-it-yourselfers and home improvers across southern Africa.
Editorial includes new products for DIY’ers, along with projects, home improvement ideas and expert advice. Features include woodworking projects and innovative ideas for home maintenance, decor and renovation.
Expert advice from various fields (such as adhesives, abrasives, power tools, welding, plumbing, paint, lighting, waterproofing, wood and metalworking), provides readers with simple, cost effective solutions and methods in a series of practical, step-by-step features that are comprehensively illustrated. All projects feature local products and metric measurements, making the ideas easy to implement.
Top five reasons to advertise within The Home Handyman magazine
1. The Home Handyman magazine is the only bi-monthly DIY magazine catering for the spectrum of home improvers, DIY enthusiasts, wood and metalworkers, hobbyists, craftsmen, small building contractors and tradesmen in southern Africa.
2. It has a dedicated team qualified to deliver a quality publication.
3. The loyal readership base is reflected by the high percentage of subscribers and continuous flow of reader projects submitted to the magazine for publication.
4. A highly successful forum has been established whereby readers have their queries answered by a panel of experts. This lively section and a high response to competitions and give-aways reflect the passionate interest shown by readers in this magazine.
5. Research shows that each issue is kept as a reference source in the special Home Handyman binders which many readers purchase, thereby giving lasting exposure to advertiser’s products.