The Home Handyman was launched in November 1993 as a specialist magazine, and aims to equip its ever-growing readership with relevant DIY info and skills. It recently celebrated its 10th anniversary.
The Home Handyman is published 12 times a year and is distributed nationally through chain stores, hardware centres, CNA and selected retailers. It caters for readers in the LSM 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 market by providing information for keen do-it-yourselfers across southern Africa. The magazine is also available on subscription and has a substantial subscriber database.
THE STRENGTHS OF THIS PUBLICATION ARE NUMEROUS
- The Home Handyman is the only DIY magazine catering for the spectrum of woodworkers, homeowners and DIY enthusiasts in southern Africa. A dedicated editorial team qualified to deliver a quality publication and is published independently by Home Handyman Publishing in Randburg.
- Editorial includes new products for DIY-ers, woodworking projects, power tools, hand tools, paint and innovative ideas for home maintenance and renovation.
- Experts from various fields (such as woodworking, adhesives, abrasives, power tools, welding, plumbing, paint, lighting and waterproofing), offer simple, cost effective solutions and methods in a series of practical step by step features that are comprehensively illustrated. All projects feature local products and metric measurements, making the ideas easy to implement.
- The loyal readership base is reflected by the high percentage of subscribers and continuous flow of reader projects submitted to the magazine for publication.
- A highly successful forum has been established whereby readers have their queries answered by a panel of experts. This lively section and a high response to competitions and give-aways reflect the passionate interest shown by readers in this magazine.
- Research has shown that each issue is kept as a reference source - thereby giving lasting exposure to advertiser's products. This is borne out by the high volume of storage binders purchased by readers.
- The Home Handyman offers numerous promotional opportunities to advertisers through inserts, prizes, give-aways, competitions and joint promotions in the magazine or specialised DIY exhibitions around the country.
- The Home Handyman is a member of ABC (Audit Bureau of Circulation) and Freedom of Commercial Speech.
The DIY market is estimated to be worth in excess of R30 billion a year. The Home Handyman is your most successful tool for reaching this audience of consumers.